Direct Mail Marketing- Direct mail campaigns are sent to targeted prospective customers through the mail (post). The promotional materials can be in the form of postcards, brochures, catalogs, newsletters or even customized gift ideas.
In this series, we are going to talk about the many different forms of marketing available and examine the pros and cons of each.
If I’ve said this once, I’ve said it a million times. It doesn’t matter how good your product or service is if no one knows you exist. This goes for every business small or large, old or new. In order to get the word out about your company, you must employ some form of marketing. Traditional methods of advertising include radio and television & print advertisements but also more targeted methods like direct mail.
Direct mail campaigns are sent to targeted prospective customers through the mail (post). The promotional materials can be in the form of postcards, brochures, catalogs, newsletters or even customized gift ideas. This method of marketing has some distinct benefits and drawbacks.
Direct Mail Pros and Cons:
- It is one the most effective and profitable ways to reach out to new and existing clients.
- It allows you communicate one on one with your target market helping you to control who receives your message.
- It’s very easy to track, which allows you to easily determine your return on investment (ROI).
- It is expensive. It costs a lot of money to send out direct mail in volume.
- A bad mailing list can sink the entire project. It is extremely important to work with a reputable list company because the production of a direct mail campaign is expensive enough without adding the additional cost of a poorly curated list.
- Despite the effort that goes into designing and writing a direct mail package, 44 percent of all mail recipients throw away their “junk mail” without reading it, according to AllBusiness.com.
- Response rates for direct mail are fairly low typically between 2-3%.
Traditional marketing is most productive when paired with online and email marketing. You need to decide if this method of marketing is a good fit for your business or organization. Talk with your marketing professional to determine how to best achieve your goals.
We Can Help
3D Studios helps businesses grow their influence and their brands. As a boutique brand management agency, we begin with a thorough analysis of your needs and partner with you to develop and execute a marketing plan that will help you take your business to the next level. To learn more about how 3D Studios can help you, visit us at www.3Dstudios.net or call 914-304-4229.